Rediscovering and Reawakening Your True Self
You give, you work, you sacrifice. But are you brave enough to put yourself at the top of your priority list? Tap into the transformative power of self-care to nourish and replenish your mind, body and soul.
Step away from your day-to-day and immerse yourself in a weekend of ease. This intimate women’s weekend is a chance for you to catch your breath, reconnect with yourself, and find a more loving and sustainable way to be in the world. You can then reach your dream to live a peaceful, connected, harmonious life, and share that energy with others.
Nourish your Naf
Discussion focusing on topics we Muslim Women want to talk about and learn more of. This retreat is designed for you to get the most out of your stay and focus on your specific goals and interests and achieving the perfect balance of mind, body and soul while staying in a quaint Country Inn.
Healthy Halal meals prepared every day- all created with fresh, organic, locally farm raised food by the Guesthouse Chef. Tea, coffee, and fresh fruit are available all day in the dining room.
HC, AADP, Holistic Health/ Life Coach/Educator/Public Speaker
Yasmin coaches women and their families to become the healthiest versions of themselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. She is a board-certified Holistic Health Coach. Graduated from Montclair State University as well as the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Published author and speaker on diversity, Islam, family, marriage, gender relations, women, youth & other topics
Founder and Head Communication Counselor at Cornerstone, a faith-based communication counseling center that focuses on identity building and improving relationships for couples, families, and youth. She is the author of many books including “Modern Muslim Marriage,” “9 to 5,” “When Muslim Marriage Fails,” and several others.
Halimah coaches Muslim women to transition from 9-5 Employees to Full time entrepreneurship in hopes that they will use their new found confidence to empower and educate others to change their narratives and positively impact their global Community. Follow her as she hosts her podcast “Maintain Your Islamic Identity and Still Be a Boss Muslimah-Preneur”, promotes her books and travels the globe with her “Not Without My Hijab” Workshop all aimed at Empowering Women to Own their Identity and live their best life!
Founder of Muslim Travel Rocks. She recently started travel blogging to encourage and motivate Muslims to explore the world. Her goal is to inform the global ummah that Halal travel is possible and that there are many Muslim friendly vacation destinations around the world. Muslim Travel Rocks is a place where Muslim Travellers are able to seek out information on Halal and Muslim Friendly destinations and has even been featured on the Huffington Post, Halal Incorp, Khadija Magazine.
Deadline To Register is April 1, 2018!
A soothing soundscape using a variety of therapeutic sound healing instruments including ancient gongs, crystal bowls, and chimes to induce a deeply relaxed, meditative state. The session begins with a few minutes of guided deep breathing followed by thoughtfully orchestrated sounds that slowly emerge and immerse your senses in their healing vibration. The resonance of the instruments is holistic and not just an auditory experience, but penetrates through to the cellular level and can feel like receiving a sound massage. Most people experience deep states of relaxation while others may fall into a pseudo-sleep.
“When a woman is relaxed and rested, she is the most resourceful, receptive, creative, and in tune with her Feminine Soul.” ~ Sara Avant Stover
Join your sisters in a relaxing quaint Country Inn in the foothills of the Cockaponsent State Forest in Connecticut, where you will have the support, time and guided activities to help you reconnect to your fitra-self.
July 6-8, 2018
Deadline to register is April 1, 2018!
By reserving your space through placing your deposit with us, you are agreeing to the stated policies in our Agreement.
Insha Allah we will see you on July 6, 2018, but we know life happens, so please contact us immediately if you are unable to attend, we may be able to transfer your reserved slot to another would-be-retreater. Absolutely no refunds will be issued 30 days prior to or anytime after the retreat.
A deposit of $250 is due at the time of registration to hold your space.
Your spot for the retreat is not reserved until we receive a deposit.
Retreat Cancellation policy:
- If you must cancel, the $250 deposit is nonrefundable*
- Full refund, less deposit, will be given within a 90 day notice of the retreat (on or before April 6, 2018)
- Within 60-89 days (May 6, 2018 to April 5, 2018) prior to the retreat, 50% of the total (less the deposit) will be refunded
- 30 days or less notice (June 6, 2018) prior to the retreat no refund will be granted.
*We understand that things come up in life that force us to have to change plans, however illness, injury or other medical issues do not disqualify you from any of the above cancellation policies.
We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid to Muslim Travel Rocks will be refunded. Muslim Travel Rocks IS NOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries.
We recommend buying travel insurance to those who would like added financial security.
Speakers listed on our Sites are subject to change without notification.
In consideration of my participation in the Rediscovering and Reawakening Your True Self Retreat as well as the associated events and activities (collectively, “Retreats,”) I agree as follows:
- Definitions. “Activities” shall include walking, hiking, running, yoga, pilates, core strength exercises, dynamic and joint mobility exercises, stretches, training, instruction, transportation in released (defined below in this paragraph) or other vehicles, traveling to and from a Retreat and all other activities associated with the Retreat. “Risks” shall include, without limitation, vehicular traffic, road and trail conditions, health conditions, weather, equipment failure, driver error, participant error, food provided, facilities, actions of other people, and the actions, negligence and carelessness of the Released, as defined below. “Released” shall include the Retreat organizers and leaders, Muslim Travel Rocks Multi-Sport and Fitness Coaching, volunteers, officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, the owners or operators of any Retreat facilities or equipment provided, and the sponsors of the Retreat.
- Certification, Acknowledgements, Assumption of Risk, Health and Safety. I hereby certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my participation in the Retreat, that I am physically fit, able to walk on unstable surfaces, such as trails, paths, grass and roads, and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I hereby assume all risks of participation in the Activities and the Retreat, including without limitation all Risks, whether such risks are caused (a) by the negligence or carelessness of the retreat leaders, (b) the negligence or carelessness of myself or (c) from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned or provided in any way by the Released. I acknowledge that the Retreat is, or may be an extreme test of my physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for serious injury, property loss and even death.
- Waiver, Release and Agreement Not to Sue. I, and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, successors, assigns, and as the parent or legal guardian of a participant of a Retreat, agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for any and all damage, death, injuries, loss, or harm that occur during the Retreat or while travel to and from the Retreat and Retreat Activities. This release includes, but is not limited to, claims for strict liability for any abnormally dangerous activities in which I choose to participate in the course of the Retreat, whether caused by negligence or carelessness of the Released or otherwise.
- Indemnification and Hold Harmless. I, and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, successors, assigns, and as the parent or legal guardian of a participant of a Retreat, hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released and each of them from all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from my acts or my failure to act, including my own negligence, during or relating to the Retreat. I, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released and each of them from all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from any loss, liability or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in any suit, demand or legal action arising out of any alleged injury, damage or death resulting from engaging in any Activities, participation in the Retreat, or is alleged to or did result from the negligence or carelessness of any person. In accordance with this promise, I shall reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorney’s fees that they incur because of any such claims made against them including through appeal. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section 4, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
- Medical Care. Although I acknowledge that there is no obligation of any person to provide any participant with medical care during, prior to or after a Retreat, in the event medical treatment is provided to me or my child or legal guardian, I hereby consent to such care. Paragraphs 2 through 4 of this waiver and release shall apply to such medical care and such medical care shall be deemed to be an Activity.
- Personal Property. I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for my equipment and all personal property during the Retreat and that the Released are not responsible in any way for such property whether it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Words and Images. I understand that during a Retreat I may be photographed, videotaped and or my words may be recorded and authorize and allow Muslim Travel Rocks to use such images, words and likenesses for marketing, on websites, in brochures or other writings and any other legitimate purpose.
- Applicable Law, Forum and Attorney’s Fees: I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable release of liability and indemnity as broad and inclusive as is permitted by New Jersey and Connecticut law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey and Connecticut, without any reference to its choice of law rules. This document shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permitted under New Jersey and Connecticut state law. I agree that any dispute arising from this Agreement or in any way associated with the Retreat shall be brought in the federal courts of Burlington County, New Jersey or Connecticut, or depending on applicable laws concerning jurisdiction, in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey or Connecticut. I agree to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for any such dispute. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, I agree that the prevailing party will pay all attorney’s fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
Can I bring my children?
Not this time.* We would really, really like to say, “yes!” but the truth is that it is very difficult to rejuvenate and do personal development activities while caring for others. This is exactly why we have created this ‘big break’ for you. Please arrange a sitter for this break, it sounds like you need to join the retreat!
Young women age 14 and over are encourage to attend with an accompanying adult.
Do you have to me Muslim to attend the retreat?
Absolutely not, all women are welcome and encourgaged to attend!
What kind of accommodation are available for people with disabilities?
Do I have to participate in everything on the schedule?
The definition of ‘retreat’ is to ‘withdraw or pull back’. This is an opportunity for you to check in with yourself away from the demands of your daily life. So, that means, if you feel like you need to pull back from the group then that is what you will be supported to do. These retreats are for YOU! And if you don’t know how to check in with yourself to know what you need to stay happy and stress-free from day to day, then this retreat is just what you need!
When and How do I pay for my retreat?
The first step is to pay your $250 deposit via our website (PayPal links on each retreat page), which reserves your spot. Your remaining balance is paid either in full or in installments. We’ll send you a reminder when it’s time so you don’t forget!
If you do not pay your balance by the due date you relinquish your spot. Your deposit will not be refunded.
We accept credit card payment through PayPal only. No cash payments or wire transfers accepted.
IMPORTANT: When you pay via PayPal, your registered email address is the ONLY one we will have on file for you. If your PayPal account is linked to an email address you don’t check often (Yahoo and Hotmail accounts often mark our emails as spam), PLEASE email email@example.com and provide your preferred email address and phone number. Once you register, you should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks.
Can I join a waitlist if the retreat or accommodation type I want is SOLD out?
Absolutely! If the retreat or accommodation type you want is sold out, please Click here to get on our waiting list. If a spot opens up, we’ll notify you ASAP.
Do I need to sign anything?
Once you register for a retreat, we’ll send you an orientation packet via email. We’ll include instructions and a link to sign our Payment and Cancellation Agreement, Personal Profile & Participation Agreement, and Waiver of Liability & Release Agreement for the Reconnect Sleepover retreats.
These documents may be signed electronically and must be completed 60 days prior to your retreat date. Guests who fail to do so may be subject to an automatic cancellation, and the above cancellation policy will apply.
What if my retreat gets CANCELLED?
We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid to Muslim Travel Rocks will be refunded.
Notification of cancellation will occur at least 60 days prior to your retreat start date. Muslim Travel Rocks cannot be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or retreat cancellations.
Reserve Your Spot
There are a limited number of spaces available; you can secure a slot immediately with a non-refundable deposit of $250.00, followed by four monthly payments of $193.75 made on or by February 1, 2018.
Save $150.00 if you book by December 31, 2017
Please note $250.00 pp will go towards a non-refundable deposit followed by four monthly payments of $156.25 or pay in full $875.00.
Pay $1,025.00 by April 1, 2018 please note $250.00 will go towards a non-refundable deposit.
Help us offer an opportunity to someone who feels deeply moved to attend a retreat but whose financial situation would otherwise make it impossible to do so.
Grab your girlfriends, your mothers and your daughters for this ‘once in a lifetime’ weekend retreat!
Rediscovering and Reawakening Your True Self Retreat combines adventures of the body (trail hiking, and yoga) with adventures of the spirit (art, and meditation) We also have great lectures from a certified Holistic Health Coach, Life & Business Coach.
Reserve Your Spot
There are a limited number of spaces available; you can secure a slot immediately with a non-refundable deposit of $250.00, followed by four monthly payments of $193.75 made on or by February 28, 2018.
Pay $1,025.00 by April 1, 2018; please note $250.00 will go towards a non-refundable deposit.